Andalas Institute of International Studies (ASSIST) is an institution which foregrounding systematic and dynamic managerial as along with effective and efficient values. As the result, ASSIST can trigger an innovation for the development of scientific knowledge particularly in International Relations.
As the School of Thought, ASSIST is an institution that has concern to become centre of studies based on research, ethics and spirit of “Crafting the Alternative for a better Future”. Therefore concept formulation of ASSIST is highlighting global justice and universal values of humanity. For example, peace, human right, equal distribution on inter-nation relations context and ecological norms.
As the Research and Consultant Institution which emphasizes professionalism, quality and partnership as along with commitment to universal values of humanity, justice and ethics with the spirit to craft the Alternatives for a better future.
ASSIST has concern to be the centre of excellent and recommend institution to create innovative problem solving as well as in efficient and effective way. As the strategy to generate those, ASSIST invents products that conceive to humanity, ethics and spiritualism. Our missions are:
- Develop and construct the centralized activity through interdisciplinary approaches.
- Expand the basis of School of Though for the activities that demands a capacity building for their problem orientation, with the supporting resources refer to educating, training and researching also community servicing.
- Execute basic and applied researches in International Relations aspect, particularly to the research that reveal perspective in spite of approaches that acknowledge status quo.
- Socialize and firm up the results from International Relations studies.
- Engage and strengthen the cooperation between actor on International Relations (Scholar and Practitioner) either national or international.
During their activities ASSIST has objective to:
- Provide the advocacy and mentorship to the stakeholders on foreign cooperation framework.
- Develop network with various stakeholders who involve in international cooperation or relations.
- Make ASSIST into the centre of International Relations studies that financially and organizationally independent.
- Make ASSIST into the center of information, communication and reference for International Relations studies in Western part of Indonesia.
- Build ASSIST as an intellectual asset in line with the development of environment and mobilization of innovation.